STREAMLINING PROJECT EXECUTION WITH VISUAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
January 13-14, Xiamen, China
If your organization is like most, you experience difficulties in delivering your projects on time while maintaining budget and scope. Recent Project Management Research shows that more than 35% of capital projects are late and 1 in 6 IT projects have a schedule overrun of 70%!
When you are successful, it’s not through a repeatable process, but through heroic expediting efforts or by sacrificing other aspects of your organization’s performance. These difficulties may even put your company’s success at risk.
ViewPoint Visual Project Management streamlines the project delivery process, incorporating the best of Theory of Constraints, Lean, and the PMBOKtm so you can deliver projects on time, in less time.
BETTER PROJECT OUTCOMES RESULT FROM BETTER PROJECT EXECUTION
The main obstacle to success – in every project – is the ability of managers to focus on the few items that truly matter to the project results. The first goal of a ViewPoint Visual Project Management implementation is to give managers that ability.
This is the foundation of successful project execution – making projects visible! Once the project is visible, you’ll create a unified approach where your teams will focus on the most important issues, improving the process as they go.
Now that managers can see, you can focus on improving what managers need to see. Management and the project team can concentrate on the activity to be accomplished, the risks to success, and set up the management and control structures to execute the project successfully.
By focusing on a few, but powerful, processes, you can achieve impressive improvements in very little time, those that improve the competitiveness of your organization.
Those who have implemented ViewPoint Visual Project Management achieved dramatic improvements in project performance.
- Doubling of project completions
- Reductions of 20%- 40% in project duration
- Productivity improvements greater than 25%
The workshop is a practical application of ViewPoint Visual Project Management concepts and provides a forum to establish a foundation for implementation. The emphasis is on making your projects and workflow visible to support improved collaboration and increased productivity.
You’ll gain new insight into how to bring focus to the project execution process, building collaboration, and developing the communication mechanisms. You’ll be armed with concrete actions you can use to find the most important areas to manage systematically.
Viewpoint Visual Project Management gives new meaning to your management activities and can be implemented without major cultural changes or new IT systems.
On the first day, you will gain insight to the fundamental strategies required to deliver your projects faster and more reliably. You’ll get an overview of the ViewPoint method, and how to make it work.
On the second day, you’ll be applying these concepts to design your ViewPoint visual project management system. You’ll design your own Visual Project Board to facilitate effective collaboration and decision making.
You will be able to put your new knowledge to work. Right away.
- Discover why projects are rarely on time and on budget
- Fundamentally change the way you approach projects armed with the knowledge of what is needed to deliver projects successfully
- Learn the vital, often unseen, behaviors and processes that create results with the highest quality and performance, often far more than 20% better
- Experience the ViewPoint process
- See how the ViewPoint Visual Project Management system emerges from existing processes
- Learn a holistic portfolio management system (as opposed to focusing on the board and related mechanics), where each element works together to deliver projects on time and in budget
- Customize a solution specific to your environment that addresses your unique challenges.
- See how ViewPoint Visual Project Management is self-organizing and adapts to the changing needs of your organization
- Have fun!
DAY 1: VISUALIZE YOUR PROJECTS
- Discover why projects are rarely on time and on budget
- Learn what is needed to deliver projects successfully
- Understand the processes and behaviors to deliver consistent execution results (Project Execution Maturity Model)
- Explore how to visualize projects and build team collaboration using a Visual Project Board
DAY 2: LABORATORY
- Construct your own ViewPoint Visual Project Board guided by an expert implementer
- Create a full project execution system to accelerate your completions
About the Instructor, Mark Woeppel
Mark Woeppel is founder and president of Pinnacle Strategies, an international management consulting firm working to improve operations performance in project management and processes. He frequently writes about execution performance, having written three books and many other publications. With extensive experience in oil & gas, consumer products, IT, many manufacturing industries, Mark is a highly sought after subject matter expert in project management, operations management, performance management, and continuous improvement.
Mark speaks English well, but Japanese, Spanish and French very poorly; even though he has studied. He is an amateur musician, with a baritone singing voice and mastery of the pentatonic scales on guitar (several!). Mark sings bass in the Tulsa Oratorio Chorus and Chamber Choir. Married for over 30 years to the same (awesome, patient) girl, he is also the father of 3 wonderful adult children.
This event will be presented in English, with simultaneous translation to Chinese. Materials will be available in Chinese and English.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT VIEWPOINT
“The value opportunity for us is in the $10M+ a year from gaining additional efficiency and throughput.”
“When we come to meetings at the Board, typically we spend about 10 minutes, if not less. Morale is way up.”
– Project Manager
“The benefits were immediate. Our team recognized key bottlenecks and started removing them. As a result, more projects are getting moved into a `ready´ status, faster.”
– Project Engineering Team Lead
“When teams from different disciplines come in and see the same thing on the Visual Portfolio Board, you understand immediately what needs to be done. I think that is a big, big advantage.”
– Vice President and Project Director
ATTENDEE COMMENTS ABOUT PINNACLE STRATEGIES WORKSHOPS
“This course changed many of my ideas. I had to throw away concepts that had been accepted because they were the “norm” – not because they worked. In using what I’ve learned so far, the results are amazing!”
“The tools given can be put to use immediately (instant return)”
“I really enjoyed the application of theory through simulation.”
Investment: $1,800 USD per attendee
Space is limited to 25 people to ensure that each attendee receives personal attention.
Questions? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org